1. Locate your Owner’s Title Insurance Policy. Be prepared to deliver a copy of it to your listing agent, and to the designated title agency. This not only creates efficiencies but also minimizes the risk of title objections. Your Contract for Sale and Purchase also contains a provision for Seller to deliver their existing title policy.
    2. If you have one, locate your property Survey and Flood Elevation Certificate and deliver it to your listing agent and your designated title agent. Disclose any improvements not reflected on your survey.
    3. Locate your mortgage statement(s) for loan information and bank contact, email address and phone number. This includes credit lines and will be necessary for the title agent to obtain a current payoff statement.
    4. If applicable, have Condominium and Homeowner’s Association contact information at hand. If your property is a condominium, be prepared to order the Declaration of Condominium, including Question and Answer Sheet, Governance Form, current Year End Financial Information, and any recorded Amendments. These items are required under the contract to be delivered to the purchaser and can carry a fee payable to the management company. If you are in arrears on association payments, provide your listing agent the contact information.
    5. Find out if there are any municipal violations, open or expired permits on your home. They may exist prior to you purchasing your property. Open or expired permits or other property violations, including unpermitted improvements, can delay and impact your closing success. Contact the City or County to obtain this information. Disclose any structures or repairs made without permits or any other uncorrected building, environmental or safety code violation. If Selling “AS IS”, you will still need to disclose the status of each.
    6. If your property is being sold with a tenant, provide copies of leases and any amendments.
    7. ALL parties that are on the title (deed) to the property and those added on subsequently by Quit Claim Deed are necessary parties to sign the listing agreement, sales contract, and transfer documents for closing. Also, on homestead property, if you are married, but your spouse is a non-title holder, he or she must sign the listing agreement, and the deed at closing as well as any additional title holders.
    8. If any parties to the transaction are not local and accessible, notify your listing agent and title agent so that arrangements can be made in advance to properly execute and notarize documents prior to closing.
    9. If you have any certified court judgments against you or another title holder, or any federal, state, or local tax liens, provide copies to the listing agent and designated title agent. If they constitute title objections, they must be paid at closing to deliver marketable title to the buyer.
    10. If you are a Trustee, Personal Representative, Officer or Managing Member of a legal entity, or Agent acting under a Power of Attorney, provide copies of documentation appointing you in this capacity. Such documentation will need to comply with legal and title requirements to convey the property.
    11. Are you a US Citizen or Resident Alien? If not, you will be subject to FIRPTA requirements. Seek timely professional tax or legal advice for closing requirements.