Piper’s Landing Y&CC Landing golf course was voted:
- The best private golf course in all Martin by the Hometown News in 2018.
- The best private golf course in Northern Martin County by the Hometown News in 2016 & 2017.
- The best place to play golf on the Treasure Coast for 2017 by Indian River Magazine.
I have provided this introduction because I find that it answers most of the questions that someone may have concerning Piper’s. Once you have read this and the following articles, please give me a call so we may discuss Piper’s Landing Y&CC and any questions you may have regarding the community, the HOA, and the properties.
On this website, you will be able to view all the homes that are currently For Sale. Now for my spiel on Piper’s Landing Y&CC: First, my apologies in advance, I am quite often accused of giving too much detail and being too formal in my presentation, but that is the ex-CPA in me. I would rather make sure you have everything you need to make an informed analysis than to be missing an important point about Piper’s Landing Y&CC.
After you have read through this and if you do not understand something, please give me a call at 772-370-2466. This information is not easy to understand.
Piper’s Landing Yacht & Country Club is a Golfers’, Boaters’, and Tennis Players’ Paradise.
Piper’s Landing Y&CC is a community of 270 Homes and 32 Condos in a 600-acre Preserve. Located in Palm City on the St Lucie River. We are just 14 miles by boat to the Atlantic Ocean. The area off the coast is known as the Sailfish Capital of the World. Martin County is in central SE Florida and has 12+/- public accessible, beautiful white sandy beaches. Downtown Stuart has a wide water view of the St Lucie River, and it is loaded with boutique shops and fabulous restaurants. The whole county is very relaxed and not congested. The people are courteous and friendly. Living at Piper’s typically costs about a 1/3 to 1/2 compared to other areas to the south of us. In West Palm Beach Florida 45 minutes to the South you have the City Center entertainment complex, Worth Ave upscale shopping, and an International Airport. Come to Piper’s Landing Y&CC for a mini-vacation and chances are you may not want to leave.
Overview of Piper’s Landing Y&CC:
Piper’s has a situation that makes for some extremely good deals in buying a home in a Yacht and Country Club environment. This community was founded in 1980. The original owners who bought in here loved this community so much that there was not the average turnover in the earlier years. Now 35 years later we still have 40 +/- owners that have been here 25 years or more. As you can guess, they are now going into assisted living facilities and more permanent resting places. Their families may be out of the State of Florida with ties to their own communities and have no interest in owning a second residence in Florida. Thus, they want to simplify their lives by selling their parents’ home in Piper’s Landing Y&CC as quickly as possible. A high percentage of these homes have come on the market in the last few years driving the prices of all our properties down below market value. Some of these homes need major interior renovations, and some have been partially or fully updated. Since the home prices have been low, the condos are available at some unbelievable prices. These units are almost 2,000 SF and their layout is exceptional. These units are a great buy, especially for seasonal owners. Just turn off the light and lock the door.
The homes and the community are in very good shape structurally and financially. In late November of 2016, we completed a 7.3 million dollar renovation of the clubhouse which added a large covered outside dining area, a much larger lounge and bar area, and a new fitness center with an aerobics area. Since November our end of the season and summer sales have been the best ever. We are quickly reducing our homes for sale inventory, and that is increasing the market value of the remaining homes. I foresee a super strong season.
Amenities of Piper’s Landing Y&CC
- An award-winning 18-hole golf course with practice facilities including driving range, putting green, and chipping area.
- No social or golf memberships.
- No public access.
- 5 Har-Tru Tennis Courts (one lighted for night play and with spectator seating).
- 49 Slip protected Marina. Up to 80 ft docks with power and water.
- 31,000 sf clubhouse with event, casual, outside dining, and a large lounge and bar.
- Exercise Facilities and Aerobics room with 18 hour access.
- Dog Park with its acclaimed Yappy Hour.
- Manned Gated Security with 24/7 roving patrols.
Facts About Piper’s Landing Y&CC
- There is only one level of membership and no multi-level fee structure.
- All owners support all the amenities.
- There is only one membership classification.
- There are no Social memberships or public access.
- There are no Trail or Cart Fees or other fees except for the use of dock slips.
- There are no age restrictions on our residents.
- Piper’s has quite a few seasonal residents from northeastern US and Canada.
- The primary activities are golf, tennis, boating, fitness, bridge, “Yappy Hour” at the dog park, and social functions.
- We have one of the best protected freshwater Cove Marina’s on the East Coast.
- Marina slips can be rented or purchased. No living aboard is allowed.
- There are several younger children here currently. They have 300 Aunts and Uncles.
- The area Elementary and Middle Schools have a very high rating of 9 out of high of 10.
We have very solid restrictions for our homeowners:
- Houses must be maintained to a high standard of appearance.
- No vehicles of any kind may be parked in the driveways overnight except for guests.
- Pets are allowed up to two per home.
- There is no weight limit on dogs, but certain breeds are not allowed. (Akita, Staffordshire Terrier, Pit Bull Terrier, Doberman Pinscher, Rottweiler, Chow, Husky, German Shepherd, Wolf/wolf mix, or any combination of such breeds, or any animal with a bite history.)
- All pets must be on leashes when outside, except at the Dog Park.
- Children under 14 are not allowed to drive the Golf carts.
The Equity funds are what Homeowners Associations (HOAs) use as Capital, just like any business. Equity provides operational funds in the bank. The Equity Contributions for Piper’s Landing Y&CC Landing are one-time contributions split into two parts:
- $10,000 is the Membership Application Fee. This fee is non-refundable after approval for membership.
- $65,000 is for our Equity Fund which is the Capital for our HOA. This money is returned to you when you sell your home.
Homeowners Association (HOA) Dues:
HOA Dues are the source of the funds to cover the expenses of the HOA.
What is not evident in the dues is that roughly 45+/-% go to cover personal homeowner expenses.
The cost of amenities at Piper is just under $43/day.
Personal Homeowner Expenses Paid for You By Piper’s Landing Y&CC HOA **
- Your water and sewer bill. Piper’s is on one master water meter.
- Your tips on all food and beverages (including alcohol) in the clubhouse and on the golf course.
- Your mid-level Comcast TV cable charges. You pay for only for premium channels and internet service.
- Your lawn care and irrigation for your home and the community. Except for Custom homes, because of the more complex landscaping, the homeowner pays separately for the lawn care, irrigation, and landscaping.
Condo fees are slightly higher because they have a reserve fund that pays for:
- Maintenance of the exterior of the condo, cart barn, buildings, and roofs. Including painting, repairs, and replacement.
- Exterior building and pool area insurance.
- Heated common area pool and BBQ area expenses.
Average HOA Dues (varies by the style of the home):
- The cost of the amenities at Piper’s – $1,350/month
- The personal homeowners’ expenses paid for you by Piper’s (above)** – $1,016/month
- The total you pay as dues and reimbursed expenses – $2,366/month
What to do Next
- Look at the list of all the Homes and Condos that are for sale – View Current Listings.
- Fill in the Alerts form and you will receive updates on any changes on these homes.
This alert may adjusted at any time. Just email me. You must go into the portal at least once to activate the alerts.
- Go to http://Piperslanding.com The home page of Piper’s Landing Y&CC
- Plan to come down for a Stay & Play mini-vacation. See the attached Flyer.
Links to Some Sites to View:
YouTube videos on Piper’s Landing Y&CC.
- Highlights of the Lifestyle of Piper’s Landing Y&CC. 4 minutes.
View Highlights Video
- Piper’s Landing Featured on Golf America. A detailed look at the golf course.
An occasional exercise tip is in the video. 22 minutes.
View Golf America Video
- Piper’s Landing Y&CC Promise is a series of photographs. 11 minutes.
View Piper’s Promise Video
Some Final Points
- Real Estate Taxes: Real Estate taxes are lower in Florida and they are based on the price you pay for a home.
- Income Taxes: Florida has no State, County, or City Income Taxes on Individuals.
- Appreciation: The home you buy today will be worth more tomorrow as our market values increase.
- In Piper’s Landing Y&CC you are buying more than a home, you are buying a Lifestyle.
This is a lot of information so if you have questions give me a call.
I hope you will come for a visit and experience the warmth and friendliness of the owners and staff and the beauty and Lifestyle of Piper’s Landing Y&CC.
When you buy a home in Piper’s Landing Y&CC, you are also gaining a Lifestyle that you will enjoy for years to come.