Look all over South Florida, and you will not find a place that gives you the first-class amenities you get at Piper’s.
We have a mix of year-round residents and a large group of northern snowbirds including a strong contingent of Canadians. Come November this place becomes a beehive of activities that is non-stop. The highlight consists of five major parties that combine unbelievable food, great entertainment, and a gathering of friends who are fun loving and love to dance. At Piper’s, you also need to include the staff which makes Piper’s Landing Y&CC truly a great place to live.
There is never a week that goes by without golfing events, tennis events, and social events.
The five major events consist of:
- The Welcome Back Start of the Season party
- The New Years’ Eve party
- The Valentines Member-Guest Golf weekend and Dinner Dance
- The Superbowl party
- The Until Next Year farewell party
Golf: It is a Gene Bates designed championship golf course of 6,922 yards with five sets of tees and seven combinations of play on the scorecard. Golf is enjoyable for beginners and challenging for low handicappers. Several men’s, women’s and mixed couple’s events are held on a regular basis. The highlight is the weekly Twilight Golf where we play nine holes and then come in for libations and dinner.
Piper’s Landing Y&CC Landing golf course was voted:
- The best private golf course in Martin County by the Hometown News in 2016-2019.
- Distinguished Club Award By Boardroom Magazine 2019.
- The best place to play golf on the Treasure Coast for 2017 by Indian River Magazine.
5 Har-Tru Courts that were refinished in 2016. The main court is lighted for night play. There is group play for all skill levels.
We have always had a great Chef and a very comfortable clubhouse. In 2016, the clubhouse underwent a 7.3 million-dollar renovation that added 6,000 sf of space. The result was a beautiful and functional clubhouse that all the members love.
The new clubhouse boasts the following:
- Terrace on the Green: Covered outside dining
- Pub 19 Lounge & Bar: A spacious, functional, and comfortable lounge
- The Waterfall Grille: Casual dining looking out over a waterfall and the 18th green
- The Palm Room for our larger dining events and major parties
- A Fire Pit is a place to relax and it tends to stay busy
Several of the homes are on the water and have their own docks. There are 49 slips in Piper’s, which were renovated in 2007. They all have 30 and 50-amp power and water. Several are available for lease or exclusive use (purchase). Slip fees and utility fees are additional. These docks are in a 6’ deep, fresh water, sheltered basin. Slips range from 25’ to 80’.
There is access to:
- The Atlantic Ocean
- The North Fork of the Saint Lucie River which goes up into Saint Lucie County
- The South Fork of the Saint Lucie River where you may go across the state through the Canals and Locks of the Okeechobee Water Way to Fort Myers, FL
- The Intracostal Waterway that runs the entire length of the state. I have been on boating trips up to Melbourn and South to dine on the water in West Palm.
Stuart is part of the Treasure Coast which is known as the Sailfish Capital of the World. In one three-day Sailfish Tournament a few years ago over 1,000 Sailfish were caught and released. If you go fishing:
- In the Atlantic, you may catch Sailfish, Mahi Mahi, Kingfish Spanish Mackerel, Grouper, and Snapper or whatever jumps on your line.
- In the inland waterways, you may catch Snook, Redfish, and Trout.
- In the freshwater lakes, you may catch Bass, Bream, and Catfish.
The Location and Community of Stuart and Palm City:
When you come into the Stuart/Palm City area, you will fall in love with the place as you drive over the many large bridges that give you fantastic views of the waterways. The Atlantic Ocean is about 20 minutes away with roughly 12 locations where you may access the white sandy beaches. Some are active with a beach restaurant and facilities; others are secluded and quiet. Stuart is a beautiful and historic place to walk around, shop, dine and then have an Ice Cream cone (it is a ritual). The Lyric Theater presents numerous events of live entertainment. Dining off the reservation the choices are endless, so request a copy of my “Emporiums of Gastronomical Delight.” The weather is gorgeous except for the “slightly” hot months of July and August. Did I say vacation time? If you need the big city for shopping (Worth Ave) or pleasure (City Center), then head to West Palm Beach. The West Palm Beach International airport is 45 Minutes to the South. It is easily accessible and flyer friendly.
Stay and Play Package:
The only way to truly experience the Lifestyle of Piper’s Landing Y&CC is to visit the property. You may stay two or more nights, play unlimited golf and tennis, and dine in our clubhouse. Plan a Mini-Vacation. Availability in the current season is rare. Book now for next season or request a list of nearby motels. Also, there are a few homes and condos units that may be available for monthly Leases.
Be careful though; if you come to visit Piper’s Landing Y&CC, you may not leave.