Boat Docks – Designation of Spaces:
The boat docks are part of the Common Property of the Community and as such, designated docking spaces can be assigned to Members for their exclusive use subject to the provisions of Section III B3 of the Declaration of Covenants & Restrictions for Piper’s Landing, Inc. and the conditions, procedures, rules, and regulations herein set forth.
- No member or guest may utilize a docking space for a vessel until such time as approved An assigned space shall not be transferred to or used by another person who is not a Member, except as may be set forth herein.
- An assignee of a docking space may sub-assign it to a member for up to one (1) year.
- Each sub-assignment must first be approved by the Association in accordance with established procedures. No Member sub-assigning a docking space shall have any right to further sub-assign that dock.
- Responsibility for damages – Insurance: Docking space assignees and their guests are responsible for all damages to docks, spaces, walkways and the boat basin, including any electrical and water systems, caused by any act of the Member or their guests. At all times while utilizing the docks and waterways, it is mandatory for members to maintain a minimum of $1,000,000 public liability insurance with the Association added as a named insured on the Policy.
- Marina Guests: Members who have boating guests must notify the General Manager in writing, including the name of the guest and the name of the guest’s boat, at least seven (7) days in advance or as soon as possible. Marina guests will be charged $1.00 per foot per day, which includes electrical and water systems, and may have a limited stay at the discretion of the General Manager. Members are responsible for the conduct of their guests and are encouraged to familiarize their guests with the pertinent rules.
- Boating Accessories: A Member must obtain written permission from the General Manager to keep boating accessories (jet skis, canoes, kayaks, etc.) in the same dock slip as a boat. Such accessories shall be kept within the length and width confines of his dock. Permission to keep accessories in the assigned docking space may be revoked at the General Manager’s discretion if the slip is not maintained in a neat and orderly manner.